Full course description
The purpose of this course is to help school nutrition professionals understand the safe and efficient use of knives commonly used in school kitchens.
After completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Correctly label the parts of a knife.
- Identify proper knife grip techniques.
- Identify ways to maintain sharp knives.
- Select the correct knife for the task.
- Identify how to safely clean and store knives.
- Identify how to set up a proper workstation for knife work.
- Identify basic cutting techniques used in food preparation.